John F. Kennedy High School
Attendance Procedures for Students
Passes... Allow you to be in the hall during class time for a limited amount of time with the approval of staff.
- You are required to have a pass from the teacher you are suppose to be with when in the halls during class time. Passes are limited to five- (5) minutes from time listed on the pass.
- You are required to have a pass from your teacher to go to the clinic.
- In order to receive a pass from the attendance office for locker trouble or being unable to find a classroom, you must have the problem confirmed by a staff member (teacher, custodian, associate, etc.).
- If you are late arriving to school for any reason, you MUST sign in at the attendance window.
- If you are planning on leaving school for any reason, you MUST sign out at the attendance window and you must have a yellow pass.
- If you have a professional appointment (doctor, dentist, etc.), you must have a green slip signed by the receptionist at the office where you have the appointment and give it to the Kennedy attendance secretary, Mrs. Cessna, that day when you sign in that you have returned from the appointment.
- If you are late arriving to school because of a professional appointment, have the receptionist at the office where you had the appointment write a note verifying you were there.
|Tardies... Arriving late to class anywhere from one- (1) second to five- (5) minutes after the tone.
- Three- (3) tardies equals one- (1) unexcused absence.
- You can be dropped from a class if you accumulate nine- (9) tardies.
- You can be dropped from a class if you have any combination of unexcused absences and tardies.
Unexcused Absences... Arriving to class after five- (5) minutes or not at all without an approved excuse.
- Parents will be notified of each unexcused absence you have.
- After two- (2) unexcused absences in class, parents will be notified that you will be dropped on your next unexcused absence in that class.
- After three- (3) unexcused absences in a class, you will be dropped from that class. Parents will be notified, and the teacher will receive a notice to send you to the attendance
facilitator for assignment to study hall for the remainder of the term.
Reinstatement... Being placed back into a dropped class by completing a work agreement with a teacher.
- If you wish to be reinstated to the class, you must pick up an Application for Reinstatement from the attendance
facilitator within 24 hours of the notice.
- You must take the application for Reinstatement to the classroom teacher immediately and return the completed form to
the attendance facilitator by the date of the form. If this is not done, you are automatically denied reinstatement.
- You must complete any work or detention time assigned by the teacher within the ten- (10) day reinstatement period. If this is not done, the reinstatement will be denied.
- Any further tardiest or unexcused absences in this class for the remainder of the term will result in being dropped from the class with no appeal.
This is the Kennedy High School Attendance Office.
|Attendance Phone 558-2449
Roehlk: Attendance Office